Saturday 31 January 2009

inktense and softness


Check out the new and first colour portrait I've ever done during my 5 years of professional sketching! I am very proud and it now hangs duly in my gallery. But my word do they take longer than graphite!?

Also on the 'to do' list is pastels, I may attempt a human portrait with these as I started one in coloured pencils and managed to completely botch it up, poor little subject looked like he had jaundice..These pencils are bound to take some getting used to having worked with one medium for so long.

5 years is a long time to stick to one choice of medium, as an artist I should be experimenting more, I guess I was just affraid to try something different incase I was no good at it. I don't know what's come over me all of a sudden, I've even gone out and bought a new set of coloured pencils.....

No comments: