Sunday 1 February 2009

starting anew...


My new set of pastel pencils came the other day and I must say I was a little overwhelmed by their texture and choice of colours. They are specifically manufactured for portraits..can't be too hard then! I spent the past two days working on a colour portrait of a golden retriever dog and can't believe how impressive it looks!

I never thought colour would be my thing, it probably never will be having worked in black and white for so many years- and think it's looks best for portraits anyway, so much clearer. But nonetheless I was willing to give it a good shot and am very pleased with the outcome. Hopefully this will interest more customers in the long term. I've noticed that many people prefer colour portraits, especially of their pets.

No comments: