Monday 2 February 2009

our dear friend


I promised a special Christmas present to Frank and Helen (aka my 2nd parents) and I was pleased to say it arrived this morning from our dear friend Lois (aka Stan Laurel's daughter)..lol

I had no idea which picture she would be signing for them, I also asked one for my grandparents. Gran being a huge fan of Laurel and Hardy since she was a kid. She would tell me of many happy memories of her mother dragging her to the local cinema just because the boys were playing, what would my great grandmother think now if she knew I spoke to Stan's daughter on a regular basis and are planning to see her again for the 3rd time this year? I can't imagine...

Where life takes you is incredible, since I was put in touch with Lois almost 3 years ago I would never have dreamed about seeing America, let alone Los Angeles. And now we have been twice and are returning in June is just unbelievable, what an amazing city. But what an amazing person that has enriched our lives so much, I always look forward to talking her on the phone. My family has also been touched by her grace, humour and sweet nature. My mother especially as she came with me on all trips.

So here is to my special little friend all the way across that very large pond...we will see you in June!

No comments: