Thursday 22 January 2009

a grand day out..


Excuse me while I blow my nose.......It's typical that I was suffering with a virus the same day we were going to the city of Manchester to watch the stage production of Mary Poppins. It was really a late Christmas treat for Mum and I and my two Grandmothers. We couldn't get tickets before Christmas naturally they were all booked up!
The show itself was a visual spectacular, costumes and set props were an absolute delight! And the choreography...well what can I say, I've never seen such complex and difficult dance routines performed to perfection.

Pity I wasn't well, in the darkness I just wanted to close my eyes and fall asleep- I was aching like mad from head to toe and my headache just wouldn't go away! The grandmothers seemed to enjoy themselves, they never stopped talking all the way there and all the way back! We didn't mind though as they don't see each other very often. We grabbed a bite to eat in Pizza Hut on our way out of the theatre having not had much to eat before we left, Gran had made sandwiches for us all to eat on the bus ride, Nan had brought sweets for the theatre and during the interval we all had an ice-cream!



No comments: