Sunday 11 January 2009

catching up

I'm coping well considering the madness with work at Christmas, I knew I wouldn't be sat wondering which picture to do next in the New Year- having 5 commissions in January alone is pretty good. But what comes next? I only started back at the mill officially last week, having had a couple of days off in between. It's been so quiet there recently, I was informed Januarys usually are but surely not this quiet!...

I was slightly peeved that I had to reduce many of my pictures for almost £50 considering the work that has gone into them, they're all framed and mounted etc..plus the mill takes their cut too, and it's a damm big cut! If I could sell a couple a week I would probably make a profit but at the moment I'm doing squat, good thing the commissions are in the bag and still getting plenty of interest which is very suprising! I just need to sell a few more off the wall then I'll be sitting pretty.

It's been so quiet without Dan around, starting to really miss him now. Having not seen him for almost 8 weeks! We missed him terrible at Christmas but now we know it is the job situation for him that's stopping him coming to see us. Deep down we just want him home.

No comments: