Wednesday 15 July 2009

I want to go to Scarborough fair!


Groovy Gran and Grandaughter !....


Geez I can't believe it's been 2 whole weeks since we got back from the states, feels like longer..the week after we came home I dissapeared off to Scarborough with my Grandparents while they were away. They took a short break (away from all those grandkid and dog sitting!) I drove there all alone, much to mum's worry and my excitement..what a thrill, dad sent me text messages with which roads to follow and off I went, didn't get lost once! I have to say I really enjoy driving here, there and everywhere, I must get it from my dad as my mum's a nervous driver, don't think she's travelled further than Manchester in the car and she's been driving for some 20 odd years!!

I'd be lying if I said I'd driven the whole way, Grandad decided to meet me at Clifton Moor, just outside York city, we had a coffee and a bite in the supermarket there then headed off to Bridlington, very nice sea-side resort I even managed to drag Gran on one of those simulator rides..very very funny to hear her screaming ' oh bloody hell Luce!' several times!

At night we walked down to Scarborough town, had great fun on the penny slot machine which both me and Gran won a pair of sunglasses, Grandad claimed we'd paid for the sunglasses with all the 2p coins we'd put in, we were determined to win them!

I stayed there till the following morning, drove to Filey, spent an hour or two there then headed back toward Clifton Mill for lunch, then home..... ahh I want to go to Scarborough again..planning now

No comments: