Saturday 11 October 2008

Those eyes

Well it's been another eventful day at the mill shop- some of the things you see, I guess you could call it inspiration for my work..not bloody likely. Started a new commission for Sandra, a cocker spaniel..very very detailed so hope she's willing to pay a fair whack for it!


Managed to finish a portrait of me and Dan for Mum's 50th in December, did one a couple of years back for their 25th anniversary, thought it was time for one of the offspring!

Some news regarding the huge commission from the hotel, telephoned Helen today and she said when quoting the price to her boss, he didn't fall off his chair! a sign I gathered..had heard nothing for almost a week, but I suppose no news really was good news.

I must head out for an eye test before the end of the year- this much drawing all day 5 days a week can't be good..can actually feel them straining sometimes, even when I have a long break- doesnt work. Still waiting for that mad rush at Christmas, the vouchers arn't doing brilliantly, but it's still early days yet. This credit crunch has affected everything, much more serious than the government are making it out to be, a couple of people I know lost their jobs because of budget cuts! Money truly does make the world go round.....

No comments: