Monday 7 June 2010

an all time low and a rash decision

Well things are pretty darn crap at work to be honest. I've seriously never known the place so quiet, looks like this recession has only just hit us and it's only the beginning, people arn't spending at all. I'm waiting on two commissions to come back to me, BIG ones too..it's such a pain in the arse when you have literally nothing in the bank and you're having to fork out money for your business which is why I'm wait for it....having a change of heart about the job I love!!

I have to be realistic, this is my LIFE, my FUTURE, I have to start thinking about a real, solid, dependable career. Financially now, if I wanted to move out or buy a car or go on holiday I simply could not do it! And for an almost 25 year old..that's bull! I see all my friends from school, rolling on with their lives. Rachels' wedding I think had something to do with this decision..she's married for christ sake, someone's wife..living together..going away together...and me (as much as I love and am grateful for my family) I'm ready to fly the nest too.

Ma thinks it's good thing that I don't owe money to anyone, besides the bank the odd time when I go over limit (thank God for overdraft facilities) but both my folks want to make sure that I'm 100% happy with the choice I'm gonna make in life...now here is the really big news. I'm thinking about....the RAF???

Sure I have to talk to their career advisors, which is why I'm calling them tomorrow to make an appointment. I can ask all the questions I need answering then. This might not be for me at all, but life's full of making choices and what good are those choices if you don't enquire about them first!

No comments: