Wednesday 19 May 2010

an update from The Southward's

My family tree has been growing progressively. Infact I've contacted several distant relatives on both sides about their trees, the information is fancinating. Unfortunately I havn't come across anyone famous yet, although my great great grandfather's sister was the housekeeper for a rather well known Devonshire poet.

My Nan's family were all farmers on the North of Dartmoor, the name was Northmore or North of the Moore, the earliest date is 1560 where the name was Narramore, he lived till he was 99! Amazing age for the time! I found he saw 4 monarchs on the Throne including Elizabeth I and Charles II then he lived about 10 years after Parliament overthrew the monarchy and murdered the King. He died in 1659 and lived his life in Cornwood and Ideford. The Northmore's even had their own family crest but wern't of noble or wealthy families

No comments: